Not sure where I'm going with this....random thoughts as I prepare for my first 1/2 marathon.....

January 22, 2010 was my first day of training for the Shamrock Run 5K
March 22, 2010 was my first day of traiing for the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 marathon

Friday, March 26, 2010

Commitment

I have made a commitment to run in a 1/2 marathon and I am challenged on a daily basis to give up on this plan. I really hadn't realized what a lifestyle change it would be for me & my family. For the first time (I think ever) I am determined to do something no matter how difficult. I will not give up! I am not a good runner, so every run I think wtf am I thinking??? I can't do this...and the negative thoughts just keep coming. Today when I was running there was one last hill, I had planned on walking up it but the thought "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" popped into my head & I thought this hill is not going to kill me so it will make me stronger. I made it to the top! This life is good!

1 comment:

Zack said...

Jim says you are a good runner, especially for a beginner.