Not sure where I'm going with this....random thoughts as I prepare for my first 1/2 marathon.....

January 22, 2010 was my first day of training for the Shamrock Run 5K
March 22, 2010 was my first day of traiing for the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 marathon

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Running with a new partner.....

Today my husband wanted to go running with me...I have to tell you I wasn't too excited about that idea for several reasons....
1. Even though he does not exercise on a regular basis when he does he always kicks my butt...and that pisses me off because I work out pretty consistantly
2. I am still a pretty new runner & don't like leading the run, I want someone to tell me where to go (Jim is great at that)
3. I'm super nervous to run with him so I know it's not going to be one of my best runs and chances are good I will annoy him & we will get in a fight
4. It's my thing & I want to be good at it...just me, I know selfish! I compare it to me going golfing with him (he would HATE that & never let me go to begin with!)

Well the run is over and
1. He didn't kick my butt (yeah!! being consistant with my running/working out actually is paying off!)
2. I need to not worry so much! I can lead a run I need to stop thinking I'm so stupid!
3. I did annoy him (which I always do when I'm nervous) we started to get in a bit of a fight but the good thing about running is once I'm into my run a bit NOTHING matters but finishing the run so the arguement was nipped in the bud pretty quickly!
4. I'm pretty sure he didn't like it much & it will still be "my thing".
Every run I learn something new just one more reason to keep running!

No comments: