Not sure where I'm going with this....random thoughts as I prepare for my first 1/2 marathon.....

January 22, 2010 was my first day of training for the Shamrock Run 5K
March 22, 2010 was my first day of traiing for the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 marathon

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

10K Sunday it is!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran last night with Jim. Struggled a bit at first but he pushed me & I had a really good run! I forgot my mileage tracker so I don't know my exact mileage but I ran for 45 minutes & I even sprinted to my mom's from McCormick Park at the end of our run. Teagan rode her new bike with us, it was such a great evening!
Today my leg is a little sore but not bad at all so I'm planning on running a 10K this Sunday! Makes my stomach flip just typing that!
I have to do this because I know it will be a good experience before the 1/2 & I need to step my mileage up & this will help.
I want to do this because I love running with Kristin & I am super excited to run another race with her!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I have the biggest smile on my face right now!!!!!! I can't wait to run with you. Its going to be so awesome! Congrats on your 45 min run! You always make me proud!

cody said...

Yeah!!! You will do great!! Sore muscles feel great sometimes when we train don't they! lol! I always think of them as a sense of accomplishment! ha ha! getting stronger! I love them! I can't wait to hear about the big smiles you will have on your face when you cross that finish line Sunday! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad your leg is better.I can't wait to hear how the 10k goes!! I want to see pictures at the finish line!! I will say it again I am soooo proud of you!! GOOD LUCK!!! Love ya, Kay