Not sure where I'm going with this....random thoughts as I prepare for my first 1/2 marathon.....

January 22, 2010 was my first day of training for the Shamrock Run 5K
March 22, 2010 was my first day of traiing for the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 marathon

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My will to suceed.......

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy......It is not age; it is not diet; It is the will to succeed.
-Jacqueline Gareau

My body says stop before I start! Anyways I love this quote...you always go too far for your body....I need to remember that! My mind is getting in the way of me succeeding at this 1/2 marathon. I need to dig deep & find my will to suceed. Now that I know the problem what is going to be my strategy to handle the pain?

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this quote. Boy did I need to read that tonight! Thanks for sharing!!

cody said...

That is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this! I love your blog!