Not sure where I'm going with this....random thoughts as I prepare for my first 1/2 marathon.....

January 22, 2010 was my first day of training for the Shamrock Run 5K
March 22, 2010 was my first day of traiing for the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 marathon

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Feeling positive again......

So I met with my new trainer at the gym (my current one is going out on maternity leave soon) and I'm really excited! He ran 6 marathons is 2 years! He is my hero! He has alot of knowledge & is going to help me learn to run more effeciently. I love to learn & he knows so much about running I just can't wait to train with him! He even knows about chi running & has taken a seminar on it...I've been reading the book on my kindle & really like the ideas so I'm glad he can help me with that too! He used to have calf pain & doesn't anymore so that gives me hope mine will go away eventually. Last night when I was running I tried really hard to think of the pain as a positive thing......I finished my run but it still really sucks!
Things might be crumbling around me right now but knowing I have something that makes me happy & healthy to focus on allows me to cope with all the bad without getting depressed & turning to unhealthy ways to deal with my stress.

As every runner knows, running is about more than just putting one foot in front of the other, it is about our lifestyle & who we are.
-Joan Benoit Samuelson

No comments: