Not sure where I'm going with this....random thoughts as I prepare for my first 1/2 marathon.....

January 22, 2010 was my first day of training for the Shamrock Run 5K
March 22, 2010 was my first day of traiing for the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 marathon

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sometimes running with pain really is mind over matter...

After my last painful run I was really hesitant to run tonight. I was really trying to talk myself out of it & the way my evening was going it looked like I was going to succeed!

We got home from dinner & in the back of my mind I kept thinking about a text I got earlier from KB & just knew I could run my scheduled 40 minutes.

I ran, my legs hurt but they would have hurt anyways so I would be saying, "I didn't run & my legs hurt".....it's much better to say "I ran."

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?"

- Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner



I chose to be strong today!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Way to go! I am so proud of you. Can't wait for our 5 mile run on Saturday. To be honest I am scared to death! 5 miles.......AHHHH!! I know you can do it, but can I???