So I did a 3K (I owe that name to Dave!) on Friday. The weather has been so crazy I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to do it but the rain stopped & didn't come back until after our run. I see people running the St. John's bridge & thought it would be a great run. Not so much.....a little scary with the cars & trucks & buses so close to you! We ran through the neighborhoods afterwards which was much better! KC aka chipper Kristin was the gazelle I thought she would be! She makes running look so easy! I aspire to run like her someday! Me & KB followed behind her like little soldiers! She was totally like a drill sargent! It was a good run other than my stupid leg!
The 10K.......I did it!!!!!!! Yeah!!! I met up with Kristin & Dave & Bridgeport so we could go to the run together. Kristin had a bagel with almond butter & a banana & some vanilla bean goo! She takes good care of me! I'm very lucky to have such a great running partner! My stomach was very upset because I was so nervous! I managed to get the goo down but don't know if I can do that again! It's so gross!
It was a great day for a run....a little cold when you aren't running but at least it wasn't raining! I had a little problem while running & my leg was killing me other than that it was a great race. The route was so pretty! It was great coming across the finish line & seeing Kristin & Dave! I didn't feel very good after the race but that's ok, I'm sooo glad I did it! 3 more weeks until the Helvatia 10K! I still can't believe I'm going to have to run the race I ran today more than twice for the 1/2 marathon! What have I gotten myself into!
13.1 miles…..Half Marathon
16 years ago
1 comment:
Way 2 go girl !! Just think when u did the 5 k this race was twice as much !! Crazy isn't it !! U will do great !! Gu is hard 2 get used 2 ! Training 4 my first 1/2 , one of the hardest things was trying 2 find things that wouldn't hurt my. Tum !!! Way 2 go !! U r half way there !! :) way 2 brave the bridge !! Freeky freeky !!! :)
Post a Comment