Not sure where I'm going with this....random thoughts as I prepare for my first 1/2 marathon.....

January 22, 2010 was my first day of training for the Shamrock Run 5K
March 22, 2010 was my first day of traiing for the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 marathon

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Things could be worse.......

I know things could be worse.....this is the mantra I repeat over & over to myself as I lay awake last night because of the pain in my leg.
I just don't know what to do? It has been over a week & just when I think things are getting better the pain seems to come back. At this point I still can't walk correctly, I can hardly put any pressure on my leg. I took Advil, put some kindof muscle pain relief cream on my leg & tried to run on the treadmill last night......I couldn't even walk for 5 minutes. I was in tears after this because of the pain & frustration. I did ride my bike which I am at least able to do, but I'm wondering if that caused me to be in so much pain last night???
I am just going to have to take this day by day & not let the fact I can't run ruin my whole day. So today I know I can not run but I can go to the gym & do upper body & core exercises so I will be happy with that.
I have a hard time not focusing on the pain. Do I just take Advil constantly? Do I just deal with the pain?
I will run again, just not today.......

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I feel so badly for you! This has got to be so frustrating for you. :( Hang in there girl. Keep staying positive. It has to get better right?